Finnish Journal of Social Research is an annually published peer-reviewed journal focusing on research articles on, and relevant to, Finnish society. Its scope is multi-disciplinary, covering sociology, political science, and economics, as well as the other social sciences. Founded in 2007, the journal previously went by the name Research on Finnish Society. The journal is listed in the Finnish Publication Forum (JUFO id: 66149).
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format.
- Where available, DOI:s and URL:s for the references have been provided.
- Any identifying information, such as the names, contact details, and affiliations of the authors have been removed from the manuscript.
- All personal information hidden in the submission files' metadata has been removed (using e.g., the Document inspector in Word).
- The text adheres to the requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
When submitting the final (accepted) version of their manuscript to Finnish Journal of Social Research, authors agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication, with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in Finnish Journal of Social Research.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in Finnish Journal of Social Research.
These terms are in effect from September 2020. For articles published before this time, copyright is shared between the journal and the authors.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The Federation of Finnish Learned Societies and the journal are joint controllers. Their respective responsibilities are described in the document.